Join our team
The TELUS Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. Our scope of work is broad and diverse and includes contract and commercial law, regulatory law, commercial litigation, privacy law, intellectual property law, real estate and environmental law, securities law, employment law, pensions, financing, mergers and acquisitions and competition law. We are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with leaders and teams across the organization to deliver better outcomes for internal and external customers.
Within Legal Services, the Corporate Governance team supports the strategic policy-making and decisions of the TELUS Board of Directors and its Committees, maintains and evolves the organizational structure and records of the TELUS group of companies, and discloses TELUS' results and social purpose to our many stakeholders.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a key member of the Corporate Governance team reporting to the Associate General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary and working closely with the Chief Legal & Governance Officer, you will be a trusted advisor to the TELUS Board and its Committees and to TELUS’ senior leadership team, supporting best practices in corporate governance, corporate finance and disclosure.
- You will provide advice to multiple teams regarding the application of securities laws and stock exchange rules to TELUS’ business
- You will be engaged in developing and implementing Board policies and procedures, in particular relating to governance, supporting the decisions that will determine the future course of TELUS' business
- You will lead business-critical, cross-functional projects and play a key role in evolving our continuous disclosure documents, in particular our information (proxy) circular
- You will support the operation of our equity-based compensation plans
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Proven background in securities law including governance and continuous disclosure obligations of public companies
- Strong experience, having played key roles or led public M&A transactions and/or capital markets transactions (public offerings/private placements by reporting issuers)
- Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, creativity, learning-oriented mindset and collaborative style, you have a proven track record of executing and delivering in fast-paced environments
- Able to engage and interact with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally
- Known for your strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple projects and priorities and delivering on commitments
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario or the Barreau du Québec, with a minimum of five years’ post-call experience
- Familiarity with US securities laws applicable to MJDS issuers and with NYSE rules
- Ability to communicate and work in French