About this role:
Wells Fargo Canada is seeking a Lead Counsel in its Legal Department. The role is based in Toronto. In this role, you will:
- Structure, draft, and advise on domestic and cross-border secured and unsecured lending facilities, treasury management products, and other commercial banking arrangements
- Support capital markets, securities and advisory opportunities
- Advise on regulatory and policy matters
- Supervise and manage external counsel
- Represent the Legal Department on special projects, new product proposals, and risk management initiatives
- 5+ years of relevant law experience in a law firm or corporate-commercial banking environment, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active Ontario Bar membership
- Strong drafting abilities, negotiation skills and business-oriented judgment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and comfortable making decisions
We Value Diversity
- Ability to work in a hybrid model, in an office at least 3 days a week
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.