Do you want to join a diverse and global team that is revolutionizing the cardiovascular healthcare industry? Circle CVI is hiring!
About Circle Cardiovascular Imaging
Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. (Circle CVI) is revolutionizing the medical technology industry by developing world-class and advanced post-processing solutions for cardiovascular and neurovascular imaging. Headquartered in Calgary and with offices in Germany, the Netherlands, China, and the USA, Circle CVI is a global leader in serving over 1000 hospitals in over 50 countries.
Founded in 2007, Circle CVI has partnered with some of the most respected bodies in the medical field to disrupt and innovate cardiovascular and neurovascular imaging using machine learning, big data, AI, and other technologies. Our proprietary technology successfully demonstrates our capabilities within the same range as expert human readers, improving cardiovascular health through excellence in imaging as an integral part of precision medicine.
In early 2021, we have received a significant investment from the Canadian government’s Western Diversification Program (WDP) as recognition for our position “as the world leader in cardiovascular imaging.” With the highest priority in excellence, our products and services are truly changing the world, allowing healthcare providers to give more precise care to patients.
Currently, Circle CVI is looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in a full-time hybrid role at our headquarters in Calgary, Alberta. If you are located outside of Calgary, relocation will be required within a reasonable amount of time and a relocation package will be provided. Until relocation, you will be required to work from our Calgary office 1 week per month.
About the Opportunity
As our new Legal Counsel, you will be:
- Serving as the primary legal contact with respect to managing, negotiating and advising on new and current company contracts including but not limited to License Agreements, Service Agreements, Partnership Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Data Processing Agreements, and more;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders including the Sales, Marketing, Product, Technology, Support, Finance, R&D, and Information Technology teams;
- Assisting with employment matters, corporate/commercial transactions, corporate legal requirements, and other compliance matters, as needed;
- Managing, coaching, and teaching a legal operation professional to assist with the legal needs of Circle CVI and grow the team and processes as may be required;
- Developing processes, precedents, and new ways of delivering legal advice to efficiently serve our Circle CVI’s internal and external partners;
- Participating in, and developing, legal training for colleagues and stakeholder groups;
- Developing, drafting, revising, administering, implementing and interpreting legally related company compliance policies, procedures and programs;
- Providing ad hoc analysis and supporting complex, cross-functional and/or multi-jurisdictional projects and special requests from the executive team;
- Managing insurance needs of Circle CVI;
- Managing and liaising with external legal counsel;
- Responding to, and assisting with, all legal components directed to the corporate office as it relates to all requests for proposals\quotation, tenders, and associated documents;
- Coordinating the resolution of contentious points and issues;
- A role model for the Circle CVI company culture;
- You have at least 2-6 years of experience in a law firm and/or as in-house counsel. A portion of which has been devoted to hands on commercial contracting with intellectual property and more specifically software being key subject matter;
- You have experience advising on legal issues affecting technology based businesses;
- You have experience in the workflow of finalizing deals in each enterprise-level software sales and deployment, including large-scale B2B and RFPs;
- You have broad commercial, intellectual property, and technology law experience gained in a fast-paced, preferably international environment;
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills including professional-level proficiency English and legal writing;
- You have strong experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, including but not limited to License Agreements;
- You have knowledge of and experience with GDPR and other data privacy and cybersecurity matters;
- You have strong knowledge of Commercial law, Contract law, Intellectual Property Law and Data Protection/Privacy law;
- You are comfortable communicating with colleagues and stakeholders on different levels and with different professional backgrounds;
- You are a member in good standing of the Law Society of Alberta (or other recognized law society);
- You are an analytical thinker and a pragmatic problem solver;
- You are detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative;
- You are motivated by new experiences and delivering a high level of service to your stakeholders;
- You demonstrate a high standard of professional ethics and integrity;
- You want to exchange ideas effectively and be a good teammate - we work as a team!
- You are curious and willing to improve;
- You are eager to tackle all problems;
- Experience working in a fast-paced international environment, across different jurisdictions with knowledge of multi languages considered an asset; and
- Experience working within the healthcare industry considered an asset.
About the Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits on day one
- RRSP matching program
- Transportation allowance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personal time off
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement program
- Gratifying internal recognition/kudos programs
- Annual salary review – based on company and individual performance
- Fun, inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity and individual thoughts are encouraged and valued
- Company/team building events such as amusement park festivals, outdoor picnics, BBQs, etc.
Upon joining Circle CVI, you will be welcomed into a collaborative and supportive company with uncompromising values on quality, innovation, culture, and customer service. Join us in changing the medical technology world and submit your application below!