CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:Simplicity:
Finding the most efficient way in everything we doAgility:
Moving quickly and decisivelyCollaboration:
Working together with candor and transparencyInnovation:
Creating solutions and leading changeOwnership:
Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
The Paralegal will function as a key member of CHC’s legal team and will be responsible for the day-to-day planning and coordination of legal work including corporate records management, legal department invoicing matters, and general departmental support. The ideal candidate will have experience working in-house and managing corporate records, but more importantly, a desire to become an in-house generalist and gain substantial experience in all areas of CHC’s business.
The successful candidate must be intelligent and possess excellent business and legal judgment. The individual must also be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, must be responsive to the needs of various constituents, be hands-on, and have the judgment and confidence to be able to make decisions according to CHC’s needs.
- Corporate governance and entity management; coordinate with outside agents/counsel as necessary
- Monitor various mailboxes, address administrative matters, or redirect more substantial matters
- Responsible for entity updates and annual requirements including director and officer updates, changes to registered offices, economic substance submissions, board meetings etc.
- File records appropriately as corporate records is and needs to be meticulous in its record keeping, and has a very high number of documents
- Ad hoc support including org chart maintenance and management, entity restructuring (new entity set up and liquidations/dissolutions), preparation and repository for resolutions, POAs and POA tracking, support letters and ongoing process improvements (naming conventions, filing organization, etc)
- Manage legal invoicing processes, monitoring requests and responding to inquiries as required
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Opening matters/POs, maintaining vendor information in database, setting up vendors to work with system
- Provide project management on various legal department projects and assignments for corporate initiatives
- Manage vendor and outside counsel contacts
- Act as primary contact/liaison for internal/external inquiries, issues, and concerns regarding project, procedures, forms and confidential information
- Assist legal team members as required in preparations for presentations, meetings and/or conferences
- Work with colleagues to establish processes, structure, methodologies and procedures as needed or required
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
Paralegal certificate or Legal Administrator certificate
Strong academic credentials and legal experience in an in-house environment or law-firm
Desire to become a well-rounded in-house paralegal and willingness to learn new areas of legal practice
Experience working with systems implementation and finance matters
Outstanding analytical, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting skills
Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise, as business needs change
Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively