Here We Grow Again!!!
If you are a highly motivated and passionate law clerk who is considering the next step in your career, we would like to hear from you. We are currently looking for a legal assistant with 3-4 years’ experience in Plaintiff Personal Injury Law to join our firm. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria for success in this role:
ATTRIBUTES OF CANDIDATE:
- A strong client service approach
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills; and strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful, organized, and work with minimal instruction or supervision
- The ability to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of the next steps on an assigned task
- Completion of post-secondary Legal assistant or Law Clerk course
- In-depth understanding of personal injury and legal terminology
- Computer and typing skills (55 WPM or HIGHER); and proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Pro, digital dictation, etc.
- Experience working with PCLaw, Primafact, Filevine, Tracument, etc.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Co-ordinate and manage calendars including : intake and all client meetings, examinations for discovery, medical appointments and assessments, mediations, and court appearances
- Handle undertakings and productions
- Identify and confirm limitation periods
- Co-ordinate the document discovery process
- Build strong internal client relationships by taking ownership of and showing initiative with all administrative tasks assigned to this role
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail, packages, faxes, and messages daily providing some response even if to advise a delay
- Complete Intake packages for MVA’s and Slip & Falls for other clerk(s) on team
- Carefully read and review assigned client files for any production requirements and deadlines
- Co-ordinate calendars as requested and book appointments, meetings, calls etc
- Learn and use all relevant technology and software including File-Vine, Prima Fact, PC Law etc
- Take initiative in spotting and reporting any potential issues, mistakes or client complaints to supervisor immediately and by helping out whenever possible · Prepare and type all delegated correspondence with accuracy, proper grammar, and formatting Be responsive and caring to all internal and external clients, providing service excellence at all times
Since 1981 Pace Law has been at the forefront of redefining the client experience. For our practice “client-first” is a creed and it defines our representation. Today, more than 120+ legal professionals across five offices in Ontario serve clients across 38 languages. We help clients achieve positive outcomes in litigation, personal injury, immigration and with establishing business interest in Canada. Our Divisions include:
- Pace Immigration Associates and Advisors
For insider news, event updates, and a little on what it's like in the life of a Pace Law Corp employee check out our corporate Instagram @LifeatPace.