Lawyer – Franchising/ Private Equity
A fantastic opportunity is available with our company in Markham, ON. We offer a dynamic and team-oriented environment, professional and personal growth, challenges and much more!!
We are looking for a Lawyer with Franchising (QSR) and Private Equity experience who will be primarily responsible for overseeing the preparation and negotiation of legal documents in connection acquisitions, the on-boarding and development of newly acquired or developed brands, leasing and franchising, as well as assisting in other legal matters.
Please review the tasks related to the position (but not limited to) below:
· Handling of mergers and acquisitions transactions, and closings for deals;
· Drafting and negotiating transaction documents such as stock purchase, asset purchase, credit agreement, merger, redemption, confidentiality and non-disclosure, IP license and secondment agreements;
· Handling a variety of corporate matters, including entity formation, joint ventures, licensing and the sale of businesses;
· Developing and implementing systems for all newly acquired or newly developed brands, including without limitation, preparing documentation for continued use within the brand system, overseeing and negotiating agreements alongside retail operators, negotiating and tracking commercial leases, sales agreements, manufacturing agreements, etc.
· Juris Doctor degree from an accredited Law School
· Foundational knowledge of corporate law and structures
Yogen Früz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract