Position Title: Legal Counsel
Report to: Senior Legal Counsel responsible for world-wide contracting
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. (TSX:ATA): Advance your career with ATS, a global industry-leading automation solutions provider to the world’s most successful companies. We provide factory equipment and other industrial solutions that enable our customers to produce products that businesses and consumers use on a daily basis. Join an environment where passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality. We are looking for motivated and proactive legal counsel for the following position.
- Provide legal services to internal clients principally in relation to customer, partner, and supplier contracts.
- Provide proactive negotiation support
- May assist from time to time in relation to mergers and acquisitions, HR, compliance, leasing, corporate, risk management, and other matters
- Work effectively with external counsel
- Contribute to the Legal team’s efforts to continuously improve their services and the outcome for the business.
- Identify strategies to protect the company's interests and minimize legal exposure
- Proactive in ensuring that all business activities are performed with highest ethical standards and in compliance with applicable laws
- Law degree and a member of the LSO
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Strong drafting, analytical, presentation, and negotiating skills
- Excellent business sense, commercial judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to influence others through demonstrated expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal, communications, project management, and organizational skills
Why Join ATS?
- Be part of a collegial and collaborative team of 12+ lawyers at a public company with plans for significant growth
- Interact with colleagues across the globe
- Comprehensive benefits (including health, dental, employer RRSP match program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and employee assistance program)
- And more!