Company Summary: TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, Toronto, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team: Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for commercial matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role. Responsibilities: - Lead on reviewing Canadian legal matters to ensure compliance with corporate governance and related rules and requirements, compliance under applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act and PIPEDA, and review of new features, products, or applications to be launched in Canada. - Develop Canadian standards, policies surrounding commercial contracts, and issues related to data and privacy. - Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret a broad range of agreements and provide risk assessments, as well as tactical & strategic advice to TikTok's business teams, with a primary focus of supporting procurement. - Work cross-functionally with business and legal colleagues locally and worldwide to support global business.
- A JD or equivalent degree from an accredited Law School
- Member in good standing of the Canadian Bar Association
- 6 years or more of post-qualifications experience specializing in marketing, technology, media, or general commercial transactions - Experience practicing law at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a global technology company
- Prior experience supporting a procurement team, supporting a broad range of transactions, including master services agreements, talent agreements, sponsorship agreements, facilities services, marketing agreements, IP and technology agreements, data privacy, donation agreements, and more.
- Prior experience supporting a heavy volume of commercial transactions across various business functions in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, negotiation, and drafting skills - Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Fluent in French is a plus