Hitachi Capital Canada (HCCC), in partnership with its subsidiary CLE Capital, offers a wide variety of value-added financial solutions to our clients. These solutions are flexible and adapted to the financial needs of our customers and partners. HCCC maintains offices in Trois-Rivières (Head Office), Quebec, Laval and Burlington (Ontario) and has Account Managers across the country.
With more than 40 years in business, and a highly experienced work force, HCCC is a fast-growing company specialized in business financing in Canada. Did you know that the number of employees has nearly tripled over the last 3 years? This growth requires us to constantly seek out talented individuals to join our team. Be a part of this growth and join a team where collaboration, respect, open-mindedness and accuracy are at the very heart of our day-to-day activities.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the Legal Counsel is available for our Burlington office or home based. The role assists the team on various facets of sophisticated transaction processing, from documentation preparation up to the point of funding. This involves communicating and working with the external / internal teams (All sales segments, Credit and Operations teams) to gain a thorough understanding of the transaction and to provide superior customer service to all parties, while ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures.
· Provide legal advice and prepare structured deals transaction related documentation (Refinancing, Floorplans financing, ABL, Factoring, Custom Programs, etc)
· Gather information from sales and credit for the preparation of structured deals transaction related documentation
· Pull/Order and review lien searches as required and prepare any cession or rank, subordination’s or releases as needed
· Negotiate and draft financing and guarantee agreements;
· Work with Credit / Sr. Legal Counsel to ensure all conditions have been met prior to funding submission
· Provide advice on regulatory requirements for compliance and legal and operational risk management;
· Assist in preparation and updates to documentation Policies & Procedures
· Make sure the Policies & Procedures are communicated and well understood by the sales segments and functions leaders
· Provide post-funding asset managing support to customer service with regards to waivers, non interest letter, cession of rank received by Hitachi and related to Structured deals;
· Provide input on optimizing efficiencies
Why Join the Team
We would like to thank all applicants in advance. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. Hitachi Capital Canada values diversity and is committed to accessibility. Should you require you accommodation due to disability, please notify the Human Resources Recruiter.
The use of the masculin is a default reference and includes all potential applicants.
Only candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.