LEGAL ASSISTANT – CORPORATE
BIRDSELL GRANT LLP is seeking a Corporate Legal Assistant to join our Stony Plain office.
Essential functions of the role include:
- preparing all necessary corporate records and documents for Alberta Societies, Alberta and Federal Business Corporations, including but not limited to Incorporations, Annual Returns, Resolutions, Notices, etc.
- create and maintain Minute Books and related corporate records files.
- Proofread and edit all documentation for grammar, spelling, and content accuracy.
- Conduct various searches including internal conflict checks and due diligence searches.
- Open files, organize and maintain files and keep filing current.
- Preparation of client accounts and diary system for follow up on payments of account.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in Corporate, Cores Level 2 accreditation and have worked on a variety of transactions. The candidate will also have strong attention to detail and time management skills, be organized, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as be a positive self-starter with a strong work ethic.
Experience in Microsoft Office applications, Cores and Esilaw 360 are essential to the position.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and vacation time.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.