At Diamond Aircraft, we pride ourselves on our aviation enthusiasm. The employee group is comprised of well trained, conscientious individuals who thrive on challenge and accomplishment. One of the leading general aviation companies, with an expanding line of modern composite training and personal aircraft, Diamond Aircraft is a great opportunity for those seeking a rewarding career. Join our team today!
This role will provide high-level legal consulting and advise all areas of the business.
- Provide general corporate legal services and counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics including labour and employment law
- Manage litigation matters and attend hearings as required
- Advise on corporate governance, compliance and risk management
- Review company policies and ensure compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements and government directives
- Draft legal documents and prepare statements of legal opinion
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to work on a broad range of legal topics, manage multiple files, and to adapt to changing priorities
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with experience resolving complex problems
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues and safeguard confidential information
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proven negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Educational or Academic Requirements:
- Law degree (LLB or JD) from an accredited law school
- Licensed by the Law Society of Ontario to practice law as a lawyer in Ontario
All applicants for employment are offered equal opportunity to qualify for available job openings and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the prohibited grounds outlined in applicable Human Rights legislation.