We are currently looking for an Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Litigation department in Calgary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management
- Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries
- Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and coordinating the billing cycle;
- Other duties as required.
What We Offer
- Health benefits including extended health and dental, life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability and emergency out-of-country travel
- Retirement savings benefits including a support staff pension plan (firm contributes to the plan and matches staff contributions to a maximum percentage of salary), and a Group RRSP where staff contributions can be deducted directly from pay
- Time off including competitive vacation time offering based on tenure with the firm and acknowledgment of all statutory and some non-statutory holidays
- Wellness benefits including an Employee and Family Assistance Plan and an annual fitness benefit
- Support for professional development expenses
- Team environment with staff events and celebrations!
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum five years’ experience in Litigation;
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Rules of Court (Alberta);
- Understanding and familiarity with various litigation legal precedents and procedures;
- Formal Legal Assistant education and training an asset;
- Capable of interpreting instructions and preparing required documentation;
- Accurate and detail-oriented, and possesses sound judgement and initiative;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each; and
- Ability to maintain highest levels of discretion and confidentiality.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.