At Fasken, success means:
- A strong client service approach - ready, willing, and able.
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills.
- Being organized, with high attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful and work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Being able to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties.
- Being proactive and taking initiative in anticipation of next steps.
- Advertising legal assistant jobs on the clear legal job board in Calgary
- Handling all administrative duties such as email and calendar management, coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system, as well as providing appropriate reminders.
- Under legal professional supervision, preparing legal documents and correspondence according to precedents and/or instructions (drafting letters, revising draft documents, and preparing document comparisons).
- Transcribing digital dictation.
- Entering time dockets.
- Liaising with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts.
- Ensuring all physical and electronic filing is organized and up to date on a regular basis.
- Delegating tasks to, and coordinating with, other administrative departments.
- Providing backup coverage in the absence of other assistants.
- Other duties, as assigned, such as reception coverage from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant course.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in commercial Real Estate law (large firm experience preferred).
- Experience in Regulatory law would also be an asset.
- In-depth understanding of business and legal terminology.
- Solid computer and typing skills; proficiency in MS Office 2010, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Pro, digital dictation, Worksite DMS, etc.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.