Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Under close supervision, provides standard legal
assistant and reception support for one or more staff
Lawyers; maintains a close and highly responsive
relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Lawyer(s)
Prepares, through transcription of written or recorded
- documents, standard legal documents (i.e. correspondence, factums, motions, summonses etc.)
- Drafts standard legal documents, correspondence and
pleadings for review by lawyer(s). Edits grammar, punctuation and spelling as needed.
- Handles routine inquiries in Lawyer's absence ( i.e., negotiates
extensions of time)
- Manages lawyer's calendar ( i.e., schedules appointments,
coordinates appearances). Resolves scheduling conflicts with
- Answers select telephone inquiries based on knowledge of case and provide reception coverage for office as needed.
- Responds to written or telephone inquiries with a standard letter.
- Establishes, maintains, and when necessary, revises lawyer's files.
- Performs additional duties as requested such as:
- Arranges medical exams.
- Maintains lists of witnesses, Subpoenas, fees, etc.
- Requests fees for payment from Claims department
- Participates in arranging lawyer’s files for easy access during trials
- Informs witnesses of scheduled court appearances
- Maintains Law Library.
- And other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- You have a secondary school diploma
- You have a minimum of six months to one year experience
- in an office environment
- You have strong computer skills and MS Office
- You are able to work in a fast paced office environment
- You can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You are able to organize and prioritize daily tasks
- You maintain a high level of confidentiality
- You are customer service oriented
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a clear legal job board workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.