Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
Possess strong understanding of the legal issues and risks relating to mobile, online and direct channels service delivery
- Work collaboratively with business and corporate areas in the mobile, online and direct channels areas and other members of TD Legal, both in Canada and the U.S., to deliver the highest quality of service
- Provide business clients with strategic and tactical advice on high impact technology, commercial, privacy, consumer and outsourcing matters
- Coordinate cross-border legal advice through excellent working relationships with U.S in-house and external counsel
- Build and maintain superior relationships with internal and external business and corporate area partners
- Keep TD Legal, business and corporate areas up to date on relevant digital channels legal issues affecting the TD Bank Group
- Provides consistent and sound legal advice in a clear, concise and responsive manner by taking initiative to develop legal knowledge and skill; knowing relevant substantive law, identifying legal issues; knowing the business and its products, operations, strategy, risk appetite and regulatory environment; owning the role of interpreting legal requirements through a balanced understanding of the law and business context to formulate relevant legal theories; and identifying business issues and policies related to the legal requirements, describing legal issues and options to the client.
- Identifies conflict situations and brings more senior lawyers into the decision-making process as appropriate by identifying situations when actions that the business unit wants to take conflicts with TD's risk appetite and discusses with client how particular actions might be inconsistent.
JD or LLB from accredited law school required
- 2+ Years of related experience
- Admission to Ontario Bar in good standing and licensed to practice law in Ontario
- Experience in insurance litigation
- Basic understanding of insurance/banking/financial services operations and issues
- Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadlines
- Integrity and high moral standards
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong legal research and analysis skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to apply legal knowledge to the business
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and client skills
- Highly motivated
- Understand and support TDBFG's operational strategies and objectives. Consider the impact of decisions on the well-being of TD, its Customers and stakeholders.
- Provide the highest level of Customer service when dealing with internal partners, vendors or our Customers
- Lead and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the partner / Customer experience.
- Be engaged in advancing and sustaining a unique, inclusive culture that reflects TD's diversity agenda, and create an extraordinary employee experience.
- Participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment.
- May provide leadership, training, and guidance to other team members.
- Ensure ongoing communication with the team on the status / progress of projects and issues / points of interest.
- Actively share information and knowledge, and proactively learn from the expertise of others.
- Support the development and implementation of operational strategies and objectives to achieve measurable excellence in the quality delivery of sales, service, and products aligned with Best Run concepts and overall enterprise strategy and objectives.
- Participate in establishing and executing plans and goals for the Business to drive toward results.
- Ensure that strategic initiatives and directives are carried out effectively with comprehensive change management strategies.
- Deliver business services, functions and capabilities that optimize the use of process, technology and our people, and take advantage of TD's scale and operating model.
- Ensure processes, policies and procedures are designed in compliance with TD Risk Appetite.
- Successfully complete all required job specific, compliance-related training.
- Understand, utilize and follow Compliance/Risk and control programs. Consult with all risk functions in the development and documentation of policies, procedures and controls, for all department processes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with internal / external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Provide prompt and comprehensive response to all external audit, regulator and compliance requests and findings.
- Maintain appropriate records of action plans.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.