who we are
At lululemon, we work together to elevate the world. We set audacious goals, nurture big growth and engineer innovative products that allow people to feel—and perform—their best. To us, leadership is more than a role or title—it’s a way of being. We are all leaders, committed to growth and results.
Together, we’re co-creating a future that otherwise wouldn’t exist. To do that, we’re looking for people who unite diverse perspectives to lean into bold visions. Who strive to be better than they were yesterday. Who are all in, in everything they do.
We’re looking for you. Join us
about this team
We are self-described "legal outliers." Our vision is to inspire and educate, provide value from beginning to end, and create an environment where work enriches life, and life enriches work. We believe in "the sweat life" - sweat, relationships, and personal development - and we live it every day.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
- Provide strategic legal counsel and guidance to internal stakeholders on all legal matters related to brand marketing and collaborations in the apparel retail industry.
- Negotiate, draft, and review various types of collaboration agreements, including partnership agreements, licensing agreements, co-branding agreements, and influencer agreements.
- Ensure that contractual terms protect lululemon’s interests and comply with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry-specific requirements, such as advertising and marketing regulations, consumer protection laws, and data privacy laws.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance throughout the brand collaboration lifecycle. Manage clearances and approvals related to collaborations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop risk mitigation strategies and implement best practices to protect the company's reputation and foster successful relationship-based collaborations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal teams, including marketing, design, finance, sourcing, Infosec and merchandising, to facilitate seamless collaboration processes
- Support in trademark matters related to brand collaborations, including liaising with the search team and support managing risk, complying with contractual obligations, and obtaining protections.
- 8 years of legal experience as a practicing lawyer (prior in-house experience preferred).
- Experience as an in-house lawyer or in a law firm or Talent Agency with a focus on intellectual property, contract negotiation, and brand collaborations in the apparel retail sector.
- Member in good standing of a Bar in the US or Canada.
- Working experience with complex, high-value contracts at executive levels.
- Industry knowledge related to entertainment and retail collaborations.
- Familiarity with advertising and marketing regulations, consumer protection laws, and data privacy laws relevant to the apparel, entertainment, and retail industries.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.