At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to equity, diversity and inclusion, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services team work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our fast paced team. As an integral member of the Legal Administrative Assistant team, the incumbent will provide support to professionals within our Intellectual Property – Advertising & Entertainment Department.
- Answers routine correspondence. Prepares and edits correspondence, reports, forms, presentations, etc.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; provides administrative support and follow up on matters arising from meetings or events.
- Preparing accounts and managing pre-bills, with a strong working proficiency with all accounting and billing procedures.
- Manages routine inquiries and liaises directly with clients/suppliers to obtain or relay specific information.
- Maintains overall efficiency through the development of accurate and comprehensive record keeping and retrieval systems.
- Monitors and maintains specific electronic data as it relates to lists, addresses, intranet sites, etc.
- Exercises initiative and judgment to relieve manager of administrative detail.
- Overflow for the legal administrative assistants on team.
- Gowling WLG has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its Canadian offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
- A working knowledge in Advertising, Privacy, Trademark and Marketing would be an asset.
- Highly organized, team player with the ability to work under pressure, deal with changing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, efficient manner with clients and external contacts as well as internally throughout the firm.
- Ability to handle more than one professional and to undertake additional responsibilities as required within the share and team.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, iManage, PowerPoint, Excel, Interaction and Expert Time.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.