Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The Business Risk and Controls Associate – will be part of the Frontline Financial Crimes Team responsible for partnering with relevant business groups and stakeholders to assist with managing the Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance program in the Americas region as well as supporting other financial crimes activities, including anti-money laundering and sanctions, as necessary.
- Administration and execution of the Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) program in Americas.
- Implementation of the ABC policy and maintenance/development of ABC-related procedures for employees in the Americas region.
- Review and tracking of government-related/referred offers of employment.
- Analysis and disposition of requests to provide gifts, entertainment, travel, accommodations, charitable contributions, or other things of value.
- Analysis and disposition of policy breaches.
- Partnership with Financial Crimes ABC second-line partners/stakeholders on various credible challenge exercises.
- Review of monthly monitoring reports to identify and escalate trends, potential significant violations and/or risks.
- Production of monthly and quarterly ABC management information reports
- Review and analysis of corruption-related negative news relating to clients, third parties or transaction and provide risk management recommendations.
- Identification of the need for and execution of enhanced due-diligence of third parties.
- Oversight of risk-based controls for third parties including monitoring and periodic certification processes.
- Support of risk-based due diligence program for transactions and product reviews.
- Development and delivery of targeted ABC training.
- Assistance to the businesses in completing ABC Risk Assessments.
- Advising regional employees and business on ABC related inquiries and other financial crimes matters.
- Participation and management of internal audits and testing reviews of the Americas ABC program.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 2+ years of direct experience in ABC compliance, legal or risk experience at a financial institution, law firm or regulator
- Knowledge of Canadian/US Anti-Bribery Corruption/general Financial Crimes regulations
- Strong experiences in writing, delivering/executing business procedural controls
- Experiences in executing business-specific risk programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in businesses, risk management or a related field
- Familiarity with the business operations of a large bank and/or broker dealer.
- Well organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Canadian banking regulatory/supervisory frameworks.
- Familiar with the lines of defense model.
- Proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.