Technicolor is home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. Serving motion picture, television, and other media clients, the company is a leading provider of high-end visual effects, animation, and advertising services. In support of network service providers and broadcasters globally, Technicolor ranks among the world leading suppliers of digital content delivery services and home access devices, including set-top-boxes and gateways. The company also remains a large physical media service provider, being the world’s largest independent manufacturer and distributors of DVDs and Blu-ray discs™.
This position within the company is for an attorney who will be responsible for supporting the daily legal needs of the Worldwide Indirect Sourcing group of Technicolor, based in Montreal, Canada. This position will report to the General Counsel of Technicolor Creative Studios in Los Angeles with a dotted line to the Corporate legal group headquartered in Paris, along with strong and direct interface with senior management of the sourcing group, outside counsel, and suppliers.
Essential Job Requirements:
- JD from a recognized law school and admission to practice law in Canada.
- 5+ years’ experience with a focus on negotiating and drafting commercial procurement transactions in Corporate IT, equipment procurement, SaaS, professional services (including consultancy services and temporary labor services), facility management, logistics, travel, and utilities along with associated vendor financing agreements where applicable.
- Experience in negotiating complex cross-border commercial transactions is a plus.
- Experience developing process workflows and best practices, working with contract life cycle management tools and training internal stakeholders on the process workflows and tools are each a plus.
- The preferred candidate will have spent time in both a law firm setting and an in-house setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in French is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team. environment with internal business and technical teams and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
- Background and experience that will provide the ability to “hit the ground running”.
- Client and service focus with the ability to work in a fast-moving, demanding environment.
- Excellent legal, written and verbal communication, analytical, judgment, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of tasks.
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinking on structuring transactions, solving complex problems, and developing solutions.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and trust, including in dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to positively influence the behavior of multiple stakeholders.
The above are minimum requirements. Resumes from more experienced candidates are welcome. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.