At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Aecon is well-positioned in the Canadian marketplace as an industry leader in the development and construction of infrastructure. We have a roster of ongoing major projects here and abroad, record backlog diversified across multiple sectors and duration, and a robust pipeline of future project pursuits. We are in a strong market position, but we are ultimately aiming higher.
Reporting to the Counsel, Associate General, the Corporate Law Clerk will be a member of Aecon’s Legal group and will support the legal team by assisting with all corporate legal matters relating to the operation of Aecon and its subsidiaries.Key Responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Document Management: assist with preparation of legal documents (NDAs, closing documents)
- Entity Management: incorporations, amendments, dissolutions, revivals, wind-ups, continuances, amalgamations at provincial and federal levels;
- Interface with tax group to maintain organizational charts;
- Interface with external clerks/counsel as necessary;
- Maintain director, officer and share registers;
- Maintain domestic extra-provincial registrations and business licences;
- Interface with U.S. counsel and clerks to maintain and obtain state registrations and licences;
- Assist tax group with corporate re-organizations and rollovers.
- Public Company Maintenance: make regulatory filings; assist with continuous disclosure documents; assist with preparation and dissemination of director and shareholder meeting materials.
- Basic Contract Review: review simple construction contracts and other agreements against a checklist and prepare contract summaries (training and support will be provided)
- Contract Template Preparation and Management: prepare commercial agreements based upon templates and manage a suite of templates to ensure uniformity of set-up and styles.
- Law Clerk Program/Diploma
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Ability to work independently with strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to work with a group of lawyers and manage deliverable timelines and expectations.
- Extensive knowledge of CBCA, OBCA and other relevant legislation.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Experience in corporate database entry and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.