Health Standards Organization (HSO) is searching for a client-service oriented Legal and Commercial Services Leader with a strong background in strategic, commercial, legal and risk management who shares our passion for achieving quality health services for all. In Canada and around the world, we are building a bold and bright future for our enterprise and our clients. If you are looking for a challenge and seeking to be part of something larger than yourself, this position could be for you.
As the Director of Legal and Commercial Services, you and your team will work with your internal clients and have overall responsibility for legal operations , commercial processes, and risk management . This will include responsibility for supporting commercial services including bids and proposals, contracting, and mitigating risk associated with procurement and corporate compliance. You will oversee your team to triage legal and other risks across the organization, and quickly identify with the leadership of business units short and long-term tactics and strategies to mitigate risks. You will also be responsible for the protection of all intellectual capital to protect the enterprise against legal risks associated with data protection laws, data security laws and coordination of legal response to disputes/claims/legal actions/regulatory actions involving data privacy and security.
As the Director of Legal and Commercial Services, you will provide oversight and direction to internal and external legal counsel, you will be responsible for oversight of disputes/suits/legal actions involving the organization as well as legal research, discovery, and due diligence. You will also provide legal advice to the organization on issues common to a non-profit charitable organization operating within the national and international marketplace.
This role will also include overall responsibility for corporate risk management where you and your team will work closely with business units to identify, mitigate and report on enterprise risks.
If you’re right for this role, you have a commitment to our bold vision and able to make a positive contribution to the enterprise. You have superior commercial management experience, and negotiation skills and change management.
You have a unique history. Does it include the education and experience listed below?
- 10+ years of commercial, legal and/or procurement and contracting experience.
- Broad understanding of legal concepts and processes related to risk assessment, intellectual property protection, and litigation.
- The minimum level of knowledge is normally attained through the completion of a Law Degree is mandatory as well as membership in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada or another law society within Canada.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial operations within a global organization
- Experience in Healthcare is an asset
- Strong understanding of procurement and contracting.
- Legal experience including contract administration, outside counsel oversight, dispute resolution, and Patent and Trademark Office filings.
- Highly developed strategic leadership skills.
- A proven ability to develop collaborative stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience working globally.
- Bilingualism (French / English ) is an asset.
You’ll stand out if you...
Have what we’re looking for? Submit your letter of interest at:
- Have worked in international setting and dealt with complex contracting and legal matters.
- Have experience in the health care industry.
- Have experience with a multi entities organization including for profit, not for profit and charity.
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage qualified applications from all genders, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process..