Legal Job description
We are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant /Law Clerk to assist 2 lawyers in our downtown Toronto law firm. We are looking for a candidate with incredible customer service, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3 years recent legal assistant experience (litigation experience is a must);
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of the Small Claims Court and HRTO Rules of Procedure is a must;
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with clients, team members, and counsel through phone, email and in person;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must work independently with little supervision;
- Well organized, quick learner and proactive professional with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize tasks, workload and time;
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and PC Law/Soluno (or any similar legal software);
- Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk or Paralegal Diploma is a must.
Responsibilities and tasks, but not limited to:
- Providing administrative and legal support to two lawyers;
- Proofreading, drafting, editing and preparing legal documents and correspondence (including motion records, pre-trial/mediation memos, pleadings, affidavits of documents, etc.);
- Filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, etc.;
- Opening and closing files;
- Communicating with clients, court, and counsel;
- Maintaining calendar for lawyers;
- Booking meetings, court appearances, consultations;
- Tracking deadlines and maintaining a follow-up system;
- Assisting with reception duties;
- Other administrative duties as required.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.