Sr. Corporate Counsel - Commercial-21000U7L
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
Oracle is currently seeking exceptional Senior Corporate Counsel to support continued dynamic growth in our Cloud Computing and Data Cloud services. We are looking for self-motivated, collaborative individuals who want to make an impact as a member of our expanding legal team. We partner with Oracle stakeholders to help drive the growth and development of the Oracle Cloud, one of the broadest and most integrated suites of cloud services in the industry. If you are a self-starter who wants to work in fast-paced, technology driven business, and who excels at finding creative solutions to complex and cutting edge issues, this position may be for you. Please visit our link below for an overview of Oracle Cloud: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/index.html
About Oracle's North America Commercial Team:
We are responsible for providing legal support for complex software license, hardware systems, and services transactions with Oracle customers and partners. As Corporate Counsel, we work closely with Oracle executives to complete agreements between Oracle and its strategic customers. We coordinate the efforts of various internal organizations to ensure that Oracle contracts comply with company policies, and take a leadership role in defining policies, practices, and procedures within the company.
Our attorneys have instinctively good judgment and impeccable integrity. We are seeking an experienced lawyer who is a true problem-solver, one who possesses the trait to go beyond simply issue spotting.
About the Position:
You will join a dynamic group of attorneys with an interesting and diverse technology law practice focusing on various transactions involving:
- Cloud computing, proprietary and open source software licensing, software hosting, professional consulting services, business process outsourcing, data privacy/security, hardware sales, distribution arrangements, as well as general corporate matters.
This position is best suited to an attorney with:
- Significant commercial negotiating and contract drafting experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, and provide top quality legal assistance and support to executive-level clients.
- Collaborative work style and strong social abilities
- Desire for constant learning within a rapidly changing environment
This job description may not represent all the duties of the position. The Senior Corporate Counsel may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed.
- At least 8 to 10 years of relevant legal experience.
- Experience with commercial transactions involving Cloud Computing, Software-as-a-Service, social media technology, online interest-based advertising, or digital marketing, is highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative, and dynamic team environment.
- JD from a top law school.
- Outstanding writing and oral communication skills.
- Admission to practice law in Canada.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of sub disciplines within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.