Private Mortgages Real Estate Law Clerk
Bring your excellent legal real estate experience to a firm that values you!
Compensation cannot be beaten.
Our Client, an innovative and respectable law firm is seeking a private mortgages Real Estate Law Clerk to join their firm’s real estate team. This friendly and fast-growing firm is where you’ll strive - so don’t miss out on your chance to be part of something GREAT! Apply now.
- Bachelor's Degree or Law Clerk Degree
- 2 to 10 years in Commercial RE Law
- Independently able to handle all aspects of a real estate transaction from beginning to end
- Flexible, multitasker, detail oriented, dynamic / agile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist all lawyers in the firm with any type of Teraview registration and/or searches (i.e. estate, family, litigation practice).
- Perform PPSA searches, Corporate Searches, Title searches, Off-Title Searches, interpret the results of same and complete checklists for review by the responsible lawyer.
- Prepare Teraview documents
- Prepare closing agendas and documentation require to facilitate transaction
- Offer support to lawyers and junior clerks with complex title issues.
- Offer support to lawyers and junior clerks with drafting/redrafting of complex documents and agreements.
- Coordinate with accounting department to ensure smooth closing of transaction
- Update legal assistant with any changes required to Closing List in a timely manner for all files under your supervision.* Daily and accurate billing on all matters.
- Completion of bank reports and client reports within ten (10) days of closing a transaction.
- Schedule appointments for boardroom with reception and with clients for all files under your supervision.
- Create templates from time to time
- Other duties as assigned by any of the lawyers in the RE group
To apply, please forward your resume to Ben Higham, Managing Partner – Search at email@example.com