Employment Type: Contract
: 003 Justice
Salary Range: $6,989 - $9,580 Monthly
Child Protection Litigation Lawyer - Saskatoon
The Civil Law Division of the Ministry of Justice provides legal services to ministries and agencies of the Government of Saskatchewan. The Division is looking for a lawyer to fill the following contract position in Saskatoon:
This is a thirteen-month contract position working in a team of lawyers housed with the Ministry of Social Services in Saskatoon. The position involves representing and advising the Ministry of Social Services in family matters, particularly under The Child and Family Services Act. The position’s duties include:
- providing family law legal advice to social workers and managers with the Ministry of Social Services, particularly regarding child and family services matters;
- interpreting family law legislation such as The Child and Family Services Act, The Children’s Law Act and The Adoption Act;
- preparing affidavits;
- making child and family services court applications in Court of Queen’s Bench Chambers; and
- preparing and conducting child and family services summary hearings.
There is also potential for preparing and conducting child and family services trials at some point.
Candidates must have:
We are committed to workplace diversity.
- membership or qualification for membership in the Law Society of Saskatchewan;
- litigation experience or an interest in litigation work, particularly family law;
- excellent research and analytical skills, including the ability to practically apply legal concepts to fact situations using judgment and discretion; excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex legal arguments; and
- an ability to work independently, but also in a team environment with lawyers and other professionals.
: Aug 28, 2021, 1:59:00 AM