Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Services - Edmonton, Alberta
Permanent, Full-Time Position(s)
Are you a looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference on a team that impacts the lives of Albertans? Are you self-motivated with excellent communication skills and enjoy building strong and effective relationships with people? Are you compassionate and find your skills best suited to a client centric work environment? If this sounds like you - come and join our team!
- Assists the Bodily Injury Adjusters by receiving and reviewing files to determine if a vested cause of action is possible under tort and workers’ compensation law.
- Determines the status of parties under the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Promotes the services of the Legal Services Department to injured workers in vested causes of action.
- Inputs data into the legal tracking system, orders motor vehicle and corporate searches, and prepares files for Bodily Injury Adjusters.
- High School diploma supplemented with several years of progressively responsible experience as a Legal Assistant.
- Legal Assistant diploma, courses in litigation procedure and personal injury, and courses through the Insurance Institute of Canada is preferred.
- C.I.P. designation is a definite asset.
- Broad knowledge of the law and litigation process with the ability to inform interested parties of progress.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to build external stakeholder relationships.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.