The Flowr Corporation is a Toronto-headquartered cannabis company with operations in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Our Canadian operating campus, located in Kelowna, BC, includes a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility; an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site; and a state-of-the-art R&D facility that is currently under construction. From this campus, we produce recreational and medicinal products. Internationally, we intend to service the global medical cannabis market through our subsidiary Holigen, which has a license for cannabis cultivation in Portugal and will operate GMP-designed manufacturing facilities in Portugal and Australia.
Our purpose is to Cultivate Better: People, Plants, Products. To this end, we aim to support improving outcomes through responsible cannabis use and, as established experts in cannabis cultivation, strive to be the brand of choice for consumers and patients seeking the highest-quality craftsmanship and product consistency across a portfolio of differentiated cannabis products. All of this can only be achieved through the hard work of our growing, passionate team, who share the core values of being Pioneers, Champions, and Students, in all that we do.
Visit www.flowr.ca for more information.
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements;
• Supporting the negotiation and documentation of commercial transactions, financings, M&A, joint ventures and partnerships;
• Advising on corporate governance matters;
• Preparing continuous disclosure materials;
• Coordinating regulatory filings and communicating with regulatory authorities;
• Researching and analyzing a variety of legal issues;
• Reviewing and approving marketing/promotional materials;
• Liaising with external counsel;
• Administering Flowr’s equity incentive plan;
• Providing legal advice to various business units within the organization; and
• Undertaking special projects as required to support Flowr’s business operations.
JOB SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
• Law Degree from a recognized Canadian institution;
• Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
• Minimum of 4-5 years’ of experience working in a top tier law firm and/or in-house legal department;
• Securities law and public company experience preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Experience providing legal counsel directly to business clients;
• Excellent contract drafting, negotiation and analytical skills;
• Experience with various types of complex commercial contracts and transactions; and
• The ability to work independently and keep up-to-date on the evolving legal and regulatory landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a promising industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement. Work alongside a skilled, professional and passionate team that genuinely intends to make a mark in this rapidly growing industry. This role offers great experience in a fast-paced environment.
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.