We are pleased to announce we have a position opening for a Junior Litigation Assistant that we are seeking to join our practice in Calgary. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious professional, who can multi-task to meet tight deadlines, has the ability to work independently while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role requires someone with a can-do attitude, 2-5 years of experience in the litigation area and a strong interest to grow with our team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
· Draft documents and correspondence
· Prepare and file court forms / documents
· Prepare and update pleadings binders
· Review files and determine next steps
· Communications with clients to schedule meetings, obtain additional information/ documents
· Communications with Opposing Counsel
· Administrative Duties – opening files, requesting and obtaining cheques, manage electronic and physical client files, preparing accounts, scanning, filing, closing files, etc.
· Completed Grade 12 and successful completion of the Legal Assistant program from an approved educational institution
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in litigation
· Experience in Civil Litigation and Personal Injury is an asset
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word
· Ability to provide excellent client service
· Ability to assess and balance multiple tasks with different priority levels with a high attention to detail
· Ability to work wells with others, independently and as part of a team
· Above average attention to detail
"Good law firms will meet the needs of their clients; Great law firms will create opportunities for their clients.”
If you are interested in joining the team at DD West LLP please forward your resume and cover letter.
DD West LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.
Job Type: Permanent
We have limited contact with members of the public. We have masks, disinfectant, hand sanitizer and Vitamin C on hand at all times. We clean boardrooms after every use and office equipment is disinfected multiple times a day.