Pushor Mitchell LLP is currently seeking a Wills and Estates Legal Assistant to join our team. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere where growth, professional development and team work is supported.
Job Requirements may include:
- Assisting with estate planning and estate administration files
- Working with clients to gather information and assisting with client meetings
- Preparing probate and estate administration documents
- Liaising with various external bodies including beneficiaries, financial institutions, the Public Guardian and Trustee’s office, etc.
- Drafting Wills, POA’s, RA’s and other estate and incapacity planning documents
- Conducting searches, such as corporate, land title and personal property registry
- Liaise professionally with all internal and external clients
- Handle administrative details with respect to maintaining contacts, e-filing, client list, accounting, opening and closing files and billing, etc.
- Calendar management including arranging meetings
- Assist with vault coordinator duties (including; scanning, creating report books, data entry into wills database etc.)
- The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job
- Billings, file management and document administration
- Answering phone calls and emails, setting appointments and meetings
- Other general legal administrative duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2+ years experience in wills and estates planning and estate administration
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook products
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work independently on tasks and in a team-orientated setting
- The ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Experience with programs such as Worldox and Aderant are an asset
- A Legal Assistant or Paralegal certificate or diploma is required
We reward your commitment and efforts with a competitive Total Compensation program, an annual Bonus program, monthly Wellness credits and personal learning and Professional Development opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended Health and Dental, a Health Spending Account, and a matching RSP program.
Apply in confidence via email with resume to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor.