Requisition ID: 70705
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Legal - Corporate
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Legal Assistant & Corporate Records Coordinator to join our Legal team based out of our office in Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Maintain and update minute books and corporate records for companies and business names
- Maintain electronic minute book system
- Prepare and file required company and business name filings with federal and provincial regulatory authorities
- Coordinate contract management system fixes\changes, train new users on contract management system
- Scan signed document and contracts for entry into contract management system
- Preparation of legal documents, memos and reports
- Maintain corporate charts
- Conduct company searches
- Prepare expense forms, cheque requisitions, wire transfers and process invoices
- Request and prepare ITSR forms
- Review, organize and prepare files for destruction or storage
- Draft correspondence to outside counsel
- Composing and finalizing letters
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- University degree or College diploma (preferred but not required)
- A Diploma in Paralegal Services (preferred but not required)
- 2-3 years of relevant administrative/office experience (preferred but not required)
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and tasks
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Resourceful, self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with Microsoft Office
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you’re the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.