The intern will gain hands-on experience assisting the legal team by reviewing and drafting a variety of contracts, lease related paperwork and employment related documents, under supervision of a lawyer.
- Gain exposure and create relationships with a number of different practice areas including real estate, corporate/commercial, marketing/advertising, pharmaceutical and employment/human rights
- Review and draft a variety of contracts, with an emphasis on real estate contracts, such as offers to lease, leases, and lease amending agreements, and general contracts, under lawyer's supervision
- Prepare legal memorandums for lawyer's review
- Assist lawyers with transactional work, as necessary
- Assist lawyers with legal research
- Attend meetings, take minutes and observe counsel in the provision of legal advice to key decision makers
- Draft legal correspondence and other documents for lawyer's review
- Student working towards the completion of a law degree in Ontario
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel and Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Independent thinker interested in taking initiative
- Proven ability to multitask and follow up on actions/ issues
*PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME*
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Only applicants that meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants must advise their direct supervisor that they are applying for the position.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.