The Trademark paralegal helps to create a legal environment favorable to Ubisoft's activities and its growth in trademark rights. Attached to the lawyer specialized in the field, the incumbent of this position is responsible for the management of portfolios and databases and contributes to the protection and sustainability of the intellectual properties of Ubisoft.
You will play an integral role in building and maintaining Ubisoft’s extensive trademark and copyright portfolio. The person must be able to work independently in the following areas:
- Manage Ubisoft’s trademark and copyright portfolio docket, including identifying deadlines and ensuring timely completion, maintenance deadlines and maintain trademark files
- Ensure the management of databases, via online database, and Internet searches and make recommendations; supervise outside investigations;
- Conduct research on prior art and documentaries;
- Translating documents
- Implementation and improvement of internal tools, templates and guidelines ;
- Assist with identifying key copyright assets and apply for registration of copyright in U.S. and/or other foreign jurisdictions, including China;
- Assist the trademark legal team in their legal and administrative tasks;
- Provide support to production and marketing teams regarding in game content clearance and marketing operations;
- Instruct and liaise with foreign outside counsel regarding clearance and filing of applications, prosecution and renewals; foreign oppositions;
- College Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred;
- 5 years either in a law firm and/or in-house as a paralegal is required, including international trademark searching, clearance, filings, prosecution and docketing;
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong analytical skills and strong foundation in intellectual property law
- Working knowledge of Saegis or similar search database, Anaqua, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
- Foreign language skills and industry experience a plus, but not required;
- Oral and written comprehension in English and french
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Please apply via the clear legal job board.