Goodmans LLP is recognized internationally as one of Canada’s premier transaction law firms because our lawyers and clients are industry leaders. Our lawyers excel in their fields to help clients excel in theirs – both ensuring ever-higher levels of service and business success. Further, we offer a unique combination of skills- spanning business law and litigation, public and private, tradition and innovation.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Real Estate and Property Development group. The purpose of this position is to provide full clerical, administrative and general office duties to meet the needs of the firm and clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Work with all forms of legal documents including agreements, letters, memos, presentations, organizational charts and practice specific documents;
- Proofread documents against originals and prepare blacklining as necessary;
- Compose client correspondence and maintain practice specific databases;
- Schedule appointments and prepare necessary materials;
- Arrange for conference calls including contacting participants and providing call details;
- Arrange meetings by booking facilities and other meeting requirements i.e. lunch, audio visual equipment;
- Docket entry, prepare cheque requisitions and process amounts when appropriate;
- Coordinate work with other Legal Assistants and support services to ensure required actions are completed in a timely manner and appropriate support is provided to the legal practices they are supporting;
- Provide assistance to others during absences as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
.The ideal candidate:
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a legal assistant in private practice supporting one or more partners;
- Familiarity or experience in Commercial Real Estate and Property Development;
- Post-secondary education with a focus on legal administration or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite including: Outlook and Word;
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize appropriately;
- Excellent client service skills;
- Solid written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem solving skills, with the ability to be flexible and to work effectively with others; and
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated initiative, self-directed and advanced ability for task completion with minimal supervision.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Goodmans LLP, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Goodmans LLP invites applications from all qualified candidates. Goodmans LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.