Help business leaders make strategic decisions!
Join our team!
TELUS Legal Services is a team of high-performing individuals responsible for providing support to the TELUS group of companies.
Our mission is to deliver world-class, innovative, and timely legal solutions with business acumen, aligned with TELUS’ strategic imperatives.
This is a 12 month maternity leave assignment (temporary full time) with possibility of an additional 6 month extension. This position is best suited for individuals within 2 to 3 years of their call to the Bar and will require the ability to work in either Montreal or Toronto.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together!
As a business oriented corporate commercial lawyer, you understand the needs of business and you are eager to put your top tier legal skills to use in support of the sales and marketing teams of a Canadian and global telecommunications leader. You will have a real opportunity to lend your expertise and be a legal subject matter expert to our client groups.
- Engage in a variety of legal matters, including reviewing advertising and marketing materials
- Advise senior managers on process design to ensure compliance with legislative mandates
- Review internal communications and media releases that address distribution of consumer products
- Support contract negotiations with suppliers, and advise on new product launch
- Provide advice on retail distribution agreements, privacy and information technology matters
- Present client learning sessions on topical legal issues
- Communicate legal advice effectively, in both oral and written form
You're the missing piece of the puzzle...
Who is TELUS?
- 2+ years’ corporate/commercial experience in private practice and/or in house environment, with some exposure to technology transactions
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- A law degree from a Canadian university
- Fluency in English and French, both oral and written, is required
- Ability to deal with a high volume of client matters and multiple files in a timely and effective manner
- Drive to learn, understand and proactively contribute to the business objectives of clients, and to work collaboratively and creatively to achieve their goals
- Excellent time management and practice management skills
- Personable, and skilled at developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated clients
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?