Prairie Plant Systems (PPS), a leader in plant based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the PPS team in a Corporate Counsel position. The successful candidate will ensure legal compliance in all areas of domestic and international business law.
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide guidance on a wide variety of agreements both domestic and international.
- Provide support to management and advise business units regarding contract interpretation, disputes and compliance.
- Periodically and pro-actively assess legal and compliance risk exposures for the Company, and to develop and implement risk mitigation initiatives including procedures, policies, and forms development.
- Support and interact with business leaders on Mergers and Acquisitions, partnerships and special projects, including coordinating and undertaking due diligence.
- Provide legal oversight for our public disclosures and reporting, such as quarterly and annual filings, Annual Information Form, stockholder meetings, and proxy solicitation.
- Provide compliance support for implementing an employee share purchase plan.
- Assist in integration of newly acquired companies by implementing standard commercial agreements and supervising legal activities.
- Assist in preparing Board of Director Packages and participate in Board of Directors resolutions and all other Board related materials.
- Juris Doctor degree with 15+ years’ experience.
- Must possess in-house legal experience with a publicly traded Company.
- Global experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams and have a high level of competency in common technology concepts.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. PPS offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security check, a criminal record check, a pre-employment drug test and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status.