Fort McMurray Court is looking for professional individuals to provide quality work as a frontline representative. If you are a professional individual dedicated to client service and would like to be a part of an enthusiastic and diverse team, we have the opportunity for you!
As a Judicial Clerk / Senior Judicial Clerk, you will represent the administration of the Courts in a responsible and professional manner that reflects the fair and equitable delivery of justice in Alberta. The shifting priorities between the courtroom and assisting the public and lawyers at the counter provides diversity on a daily basis.
Your key responsibilities will include court, counter and office duties and will be the following but are not limited to:
- Organizing and managing administrative processes within the courtroom for both civil and criminal proceedings.
- Maintaining the court record, including operation of the digital recording system; maintaining the decorum of the court
- Entering and being responsible for exhibits entered into the record
- Liaising with judiciary, lawyers, police and general public
- Reviewing and filing documents in adherence with the Alberta Rules of Court and various Provincial and Federal statutes
- Providing assistance to the public and legal community at the counter
- General office duties, including telephone, fax and incoming mail
- Travel to Circuit Court locations.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- A high degree of accuracy while meeting high volume demands
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and ability to handle high stress situations
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
High School diploma and minimum six months of related experience.
Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience in a courthouse or as a legal assistant/paralegal.
Customer service experience, along with experience dealing with cash register/balancing are considered assets.
Knowledge of Civil and Sheriff Entry System (CASES), the Justice On-Line Information Network (JOIN), along with the digital recording system (FTR) is also considered assets.
A Legal Assistant or Paralegal Certificate or Diploma would be beneficial.
Equivalencies will be considered.
$1,616.31 to $2,335.00 bi-weekly
A valid Driver?s License (class 5) (please mention it on the resume).
This position requires Canadian Citizenship in order to obtain a Justice of the Peace appointment.
This position may require extended periods of sitting and/or standing.
The candidate must have the ability to lift files/exhibits to a weight of 25 lbs.
Only candidates possessing Judicial Clerk experience may be considered at the higher classification level and salary.
This competition may be used to fill future permanent and temporary full-time and part-time vacancies. Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening.
Related post-secondary education will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be eligible to receive an attraction bonus along with a Fort McMurray allowance.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, XXXXX to: Mercedez Lynchuk at Alberta Justice and Solicitor General, Human Resources Services, 9th fl John E Brownlee Building, 10365 - 97 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5J 3W7 , fax # 780-644-1395. Or phone 780-644-7486. Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of their application. Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://work.alberta.ca/iqas. It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed and only the most suitable candidate(s) will be selected from this competition. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.