Blazesoft LTD. is a fast-growing technology company and provider of leading online social games. With offices located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, we’re on a mission to be the most loved gaming company in the gaming world!
Due to major growth, we are expanding our Legal team in Toronto and we are currently looking for a Legal Counsel or a Paralegal to join the team. You may be located in any jurisdiction but must be willing to relocate to Toronto, Canada. Direct Gaming Industry experience is a must. Candidates with no prior gaming experience will not be contacted. We will provide reasonable assistance with relocation, in case of a match.
As a Legal Counsel or Paralegal at Blazesoft, you will work within the legal team providing legal advice to the business on a variety of issues.Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day legal operations of the organization, including contract negotiations, dispute resolution, and regulatory compliance
- Review marketing campaigns to ensure legal compliance and risk mitigation, including promotions, terms and conditions, and emerging issues and technologies
- Stay informed about changes in laws and regulations that may impact the company and proactively advise management on potential legal risks and implications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure legal compliance and mitigate risks in business transactions and activities
- Support the People & Culture team in employment law and industrial relationship matters
What you will bring to the role:
- At least four to seven (4-7) years post qualification experience with direct gaming industry experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house is a must
- You are admitted as a lawyer to practice in any jurisdiction but willing to relocate to Toronto, Canada
- Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong risk management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Agile with an ability to pivot and move fast with the executive team
- You are flexible in your learning and can grow with a hyper aggressive team.
About BLAZESOFT LTD.
BLAZESOFT LTD. has been disrupting the online gaming world since 2016 and we’re only getting started. We are an extremely talented, passionate, energetic group of individuals and we fondly call ourselves Blazers. We strive to make our games and gaming experience most loved by our customers. We have and will continue to be a customer focused company.
At BLAZESOFT LTD., we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable, and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing. Find out more at www.blazesoft.ca
If you want to join a team that does things differently, apply today! We look forward to seeing what you can bring to our team.Why BLAZESOFT LTD.?
We are on a mission to become the most loved gaming company in the world. As we grow to meet this goal, we need talented people rich in diversity to propel us forward. We truly believe the right mix of diversity and authenticity will be our winning hand.
We are committed to creating a diverse, engaging, and inclusive culture for our people to shine, with a workplace that honours your experiences, perspectives, unique identity, and passions. For those reasons, we encourage you to browse our employment opportunities and apply today. Please let us know of any accommodations you may need during the application process.