We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
At Pomerleau, we fully understand that our mission is not only to create infrastructure or erect buildings, but to build communities. As a leader in the construction industry for nearly 60 years, we always aim to make a positive impact on the lives of the people we serve across Canada.
To do this, we do everything we can to listen to their needs, to never lose sight of the realities of tomorrow and to innovate in a more committed, more collaborative and more sustainable way. Together, this is how we redefine our practice - for the good of our profession and of future generations.
Act as legal counsel in matters of corporate and commercial law to support the day-to-day activities and operations of the company (Pomerleau and its subsidiaries).
If you are looking to be a part of a rapidly growing legal team with great opportunities for professional challenges and career advancement, apply today!
What YOU Will Do
What YOU Will Bring
- Supporting Pomerleau’s project teams through project execution in respect of contract administration, and providing solution-oriented advice to resolve course-of-construction issues with project owners, subcontractors, suppliers and consultants
- Drafting and negotiating complex project contracts with project owners, including in the context of DBFOM, DBF, PDBF, PDB, DB and all manner of CCDC contracts
- Drafting and negotiating subcontracts, supply and consulting agreements
- Advising on the structuring of, and drafting and negotiating agreements governing, relationships with project partners, including joint ventures, general and limited partnerships and bidding consortia arrangements
- Advising Pomerleau’s project finance team in respect of project financing matters
- Supporting Pomerleau’s bid teams, advising on procurement and tendering matters (public and private), bid compliance, and negotiation, including leading and/or participating in commercially confidential meetings
- Working with the legal and commercial teams to develop, update and improve Pomerleau’s standard contracting processes and precedents
- Retaining, coordinating and collaborating with external legal counsel
- Any other associated tasks relating to the operations of the Pomerleau and its subsidiaries
- Hold a juris doctorate, or bachelor’s degree in law, and be a member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Have 2 to 7 years of experience in corporate and commercial law
- Demonstrate relevant experience with PPP-type contractual arrangements
- Excellent negotiation and legal argumentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- You thrive working in a collaborative and team environment
- You are a self-starter and not afraid to be resourceful and ask questions
- Ability to travel to various regions in Canada where work representation may be required
Bonus if you also have:
- Working knowledge of the construction industry
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages, both written and oral
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours all year long
- Access to telemedecine platform Diaolgue for free
- New work from home policy
What are you waiting for? Let's build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about all job opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of the recruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.