Legal Affaires/Permanent role/Telework or Hybrid
Are you a lawyer with a corporate/commercial or securities law background looking to advance your career and join a dynamic team in the financial industry? Do you have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with partners from different lines of business within the wealth management industry? Do you want your organization and your colleagues to benefit from your valuable know-how and expertise?
We have an opportunity for you to join the iA Wealth legal team, part of the iA Financial Group Legal Department. As Senior Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support to business partners within iA’s Wealth group, with a focus on the iA Private Wealth and Investia Financial Services subsidiaries.
Your role will include the following:
- Provide practical legal advice to the businesses and subsidiaries within iA Wealth by proactively influencing, recommending and using business-oriented solutions to achieve business and organizational objectives and goals, while minimizing legal and business risk
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts, including agency agreements, loan documents, portfolio management agreements and third-party service agreements
- Provide advice related to securities laws, regulatory compliance, capital markets activities, estates and trusts, and investment management
- Provide legal and regulatory advice on initiatives, strategies, policies and developments
- Provide practical advice based on knowledge of legal principles, practices and procedures, and knowledge of the wealth management industry
- You must be qualified to practice law in the province of Ontario and/or the province of Quebec
- 10+ years of post-call experience in commercial and/or securities law with a law firm or at an investment dealer, financial institution, or securities regulator
- Prior experience in the wealth management industry, including knowledge and understanding of the Canadian securities regulatory landscape and CIRO (formerly IIROC and MFDA) rules
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written) for frequent interaction with internal French- and English-speaking colleagues and partners across Canada
If you have a strong commitment to client service and excellent interpersonal skills, this new challenge is for you! Apply right now and start a new career with our dynamic organization!