Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at CAA Club Group is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development - and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
We work hard and play hard. We're about doing what's right and feeling good about it.
Who we are
As Canada's largest automobile association, we are passionate about keeping our Members safe - whether they are on the road, at home, or travelling abroad. Meeting the diverse needs of our 2.4M+ Members requires high performing, forward thinking, and innovative people who work collaboratively to keep propelling our business forward. Our diverse organization provides insurance, technology, retail, and travel solutions through its various subsidiaries.
Reporting to the AVP Legal, the Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing a broad range of legal advice and support across all of CAA Club Group’s business lines, including with respect to corporate and commercial law, marketing and advertising law and intellectual property law.
What You Will Do
- Provide timely and strategic legal advice to the Company’s business units regarding corporate/commercial matters in line with risk appetite
- Draft and negotiate non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, commercial agreements, including services and consulting agreements, and licenses
- Draft and review commercial agreements in connection with marketing and advertising relationships with external parties
- Review marketing and advertising materials
- Assist the Company’s business units to handle Member and customer inquiries
- Keep up-to-date on legal developments and their impact upon the Company’s many business lines and business strategy
- Draft memoranda and/or work with business leaders to ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- Develop and help maintain key agreement templates and other key documents
- Manage disputes prior to litigation
- Advise clients on best practices for procurement and contract management
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. B.A., B. Sc., BBA) + Bachelor of Law (LL.B.)/Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Canada
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- At least 3 years’ experience as a lawyer practicing incorporate/commercial law
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, including services and consulting agreements, and licenses
- Expertise in marketing and advertising law is preferred
- Familiarity with purchasing law is an asset
- Familiarity with contract management and contract management systems is preferred
- Results-oriented business partner, with the ability to provide sound and practical legal advice in a fast-paced changing environment and effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively across the company and externally at all levels
- Highly effective in building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to work in a complex corporate environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). CCG will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As an organization we are focused on Member safety, which includes the safety and well-being of our Associates. Therefore, you must be and remain fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.