Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity , expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
What Is The Opportunity?
Scarborough Transit Connect (STC) is awarded the design and works of the Scarborough Subway Extension project. The Scarborough Subway Extension will bring the TTC’s Line 2 subway service nearly eight kilometers farther into Scarborough. It will extend from Kennedy Station to Sheppard Avenue and McCowan Road, providing quick and seamless transit for those heading into and out of the downtown core and those travelling within Scarborough. The extension will replace Line 3 (the Scarborough RT), helping to reduce travel times and improve access to jobs, schools and other key destinations throughout the city.
As part of the Scarborough Transit Connect project based in Scarborough, we are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our Estimating and Project Management team. You will be responsible for ensuring that key legal documents supporting construction activities are compliant and consistent with STC’s commercial Risk Management Policies, and are optimal and practical to each project opportunity.
What You Will Do Here
- Formalize, document, and maintain Departmental / Divisional best practices and processes.
- Incorporate / comply with STC’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive review of key legal documents during the bid stage.
- Compile logs of all key commercial risk items and any variances to STC’s risk and financial policies and preferences.
- Propose alternate contract language where required.
- Collaborate with Estimating, PMO, Operations, Finance, Legal, Treasury, Taxation, Senior Management as appropriate.
- Generate associated qualifiers and exceptions to support the tender period RFI process and bid submissions.
- Assist in the coordination of post submission RFI’s related to commercial risk items.
- Coordinate the execution of key legal documents.
- Coordinate internal and external distribution as applicable.
- Maintain all key document control and electronic filing.
- Facilitate the development of internal and external Joint-venture agreements as required.
- Facilitate the review, approval and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s), Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) and Letters of Intent (LOI’s).
- Liaise with Estimating Coordination re: key Subcontractor Agreements as required.
- Participate in Project Handover and Project Kick-off meetings as appropriate.
- Perform all duties in compliance with STC’s current and applicable processes, templates, checklists and tools.
- Support the development of project Contract Management Plans as appropriate.
- Support the administration of Contract Amendments affecting relevant Terms and Conditions.
- Provide input into project Risk Register development as applicable.
- Keeping appropriately current with applicable construction law.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate Limits of Authority protocol.
- Mentor and coach Estimating, PMO and Operational staff as may be required
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Contract Management
- Experience in developing and implementing Contract Management processes on projects of a similar nature and scale a must
- Expertise in Infrastructure Ontario template agreements (technical advisory and AFP) a must
- Experienced in the Contract Administration process
- Engineering or Business Degree (or equivalent combinations of training)
- Masters degree an asset
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng.) an asset
- Strong construction knowledge, with experience in Contract Management for a Contractor
- Strong business acumen
- Skills allow for working independently with little supervision
- Prior Operational experience an asset
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legal terminology, contract language interpretation, and Terms and Conditions
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills (Powerpoint, MS Word including “blackline” functionality, MS Excel)
- Strong communication skills – oral and written are essential - translating complex commercial concepts into plain language
- Ability to work accurately, effectively under pressure
- Adaptable to flexible work schedule when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others as a team
Aecon fosters diversity , inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.