22 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4T 2S5
Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. Choice Properties' portfolio spans approximately 42.5 million square feet of gross leasable area and consists of 529 properties primarily focused on supermarket-anchored shopping centres and stand-alone supermarkets.
Choice Properties’ strategy is to create value by enhancing and optimizing its portfolio through accretive acquisitions, strategic development and active property management. Choice Properties' principal tenant, and largest Unitholder is Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada's largest retailer. Choice Properties' strong alliance with Loblaw positions it well for future growth.
A commitment to continuous learning and development is a strong part of our culture.
The Legal Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the legal team.
- Responsible for calendar management including scheduling of all meetings, coordinating visits with internal/external contacts, coordinating events, booking appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Prepare or modify documents such as legal documents, correspondence, reports, memo’s and emails.
- Review and respond to voicemails and emails on behalf of the VP, Legal Counsel.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters as part of daily administrative duties.
- Prepare and coordinate materials for presentations and meetings (slides, agendas, and minutes).
- Follow up and act as a liaison with various individuals both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate and complete various special projects/assignments as required.
- Process invoices, track expenditures and maintain all records related to the department.
- Other administrative support such as filing, faxing and photocopying as required.
- Support department with administrative needs as required.
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary program, i.e., Legal Assistant and/or Law Clerk.
- Minimum of 1-2 years legal assistant experience, preferably real estate, would be an asset.
- Advanced computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the ability to proactively manage Calendar.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of people at all levels within the business.
- Able to deal with sensitive business information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as professional demeanor. Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with executives within the business.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi task daily activities.
- Strong work ethic and a team player.
Choice Properties REIT recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.