We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Toronto Financial Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced desk with document processing responsibilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture.
- Practice administration: including managing some email and calendar accounts, electronic/hard copy filing, processing client accounts, and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Drafting, preparing, proof-reading and revising of corporate documents;
- Filtering incoming calls/mail/email and following-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and re-routing responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness;
- Accounting duties such as expense requisitions, time entry, monthly billings;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- Community College Certificate or Diploma, or equivalent combination of experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Business Law Legal Assistant. Working experience in the area of Financial Services is considered an asset;
- Experience with supporting corporate transactions is considered an asset;
- Strong document processing skills are required (e.g. formatting and revising in Microsoft Office and Adobe, converting styles, cross-referencing, etc.);
- Excellent organizational/follow-up skills;
- Attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required;
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to day-to-day workflow is considered an asset;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary.
What we offer:
We believe in the importance of a Total Compensation package, ensuring our mix of salary, benefits and perks are competitive within the market as well as a work-life balance. We offer:
- A comprehensive Benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 3+ Weeks’ Vacation and 10 Personal Days;
- A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace;
- A Firm matching Group Retirement Savings plan and TFSA;
- Childcare, eldercare and family resources to support you and your family;
- A wellness reimbursement program to foster employee wellbeing as well as a perks program through Perkopolis;
- Professional development opportunities through MT Learn;
- Flexible working options;
- Special appreciation events/celebrations;
- Charitable savings programs.
Who we are:
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest-growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodation on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform our Talent department of the nature of accommodation that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.