This is a non-union position
To apply, please include a cover letter along with your resume.
Are you interested in the energy industry and energy transition!? Are you a talented lawyer looking for the right fit!?
At Enbridge, we are committed to growing and expanding our company through skilled and creative individuals. We embrace new ideas and offer an environment where employees are recognized and respected for their input and opinions. We view our employees as our future leaders and strive to provide an environment that encourages self-improvement, innovation and growth so that we can promote from within!
We are looking for exceptional employees who share our vision to be the best in everything we do, from safe and reliable operations, to innovative solutions and dedication to our values.
We are currently looking for an exceptional lawyer to join our team. You will be part of a team of inhouse lawyers who provide commercial legal support. This position will review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and will advise client groups regarding commercial arrangements, business opportunities and compliance with internal policies and applicable laws.What You Will Do
Who You Are
- Provide advice and legal support to the Gas Distribution and Storage businesses and other Enbridge business units, as required.
- Draft, review, negotiate and approve standard and bespoke commercial agreements relating to business development initiatives, demand-side management / energy conservation programs, suppliers, operations projects, and key customers, including associated preliminary agreements and credit documentation.
- Research and prepare draft correspondence, opinions and presentations as required.
- Contribute to and deliver training on the Contracts Policy, and as required, specific contractual relationships, internal policies, safety, and corporate initiatives.
- Collaborate with legal colleagues (Regulatory, Litigation, Corporate Secretarial, Privacy, Ethics & Compliance), other functions (Supply Chain Management, Credit, Insurance), and other business units, as required.
- Advise management on potential legal ramifications/risks of a course of action.
- Apply independent judgment in recommending strategies.
- Interact with counterparties and their legal counsel and advisors as required.
- Canadian law degree, qualification or ability to qualify as a member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- 4 - 7 years of commercial legal experience, either in-house or at a leading firm.
- Experience preparing, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements.
Enbridge provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Enbridge’s FlexWork (Hybrid Work Model) offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. Role requirements determine your eligibility for each option or combination of options.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.Information For Applicants
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com