A fantastic opportunity is available with our company in Markham, ON. We offer a dynamic and team-oriented environment, professional and personal growth, challenges and much more!!
We are looking for a multi-faceted Legal Assistant who will be primarily responsible for the preparation and review of legal documents in connection with leasing transactions as well as assisting the in-house General Counsel of a fast-paced QSR franchisor.
Your primary role will be to assist the General Counsel with:
· Prepare legal documentation for commercial leasing transactions;
· Negotiate legal terms of offers to lease, letters of intent, leases, renewals, transfers, relocations, expansions, terminations, estoppels etc.;
· Draft, review and revise notices of default and terminations;
· Finalize legal documentation and prepare internal approval forms for deal approval and document execution by authorized signing officers of owner companies;
· Review and comment on legal documentation prepared by third parties (i.e. tenants, brokers and lawyers);
· Ensure legal documentation is in line with company policies, procedures, strategies and approved signing authority;
· Create and update a comprehensive and systematized database and tracker for the organization of all legal related matters
· Prepare, review and negotiate legal documentation such as franchise agreements, lease documents, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements, etc.;
· Gather and compile documentation and information for complex legal contracts, legal memorandums and presentations to executive committee;
· Draft memorandums and preparing summaries of key terms on a wide range of agreements;
· Prepare and maintain franchise disclosure documents for all retail brands;
· 1-3 years of commercial/corporate experience
· 1-3 years experience in a QSR/Franchising environment and related laws (nice to have)
· Foundational knowledge of corporate law and structures
· Understanding of legal terminology, legal documentation, formats and process associated with contracts and commercial agreements
· Proficiency with MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
Yogen Früz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.