Position Title: Enforcement Litigation Assistant
Status: Permanent Full-time (Hybrid)
The Enforcement Litigation Assistant provides administrative support to enforcement counsels.
- Case and document management
- Draft general correspondence
- Draft various litigation procedures and legal documents
- Proofread documents
- Handle procedural requirements under IIROC rules for filing of legal documents
- Plan and organize documents for hearings
- Prepare books of exhibits
- Prepare bills of cost and prepare affidavits
- Keep track of files and deadlines
- Redact sensitive and confidential documents
- Photocopying, phones and filing
- College legal assistant program or equivalent work experience as legal assistant or legal secretary or paralegal.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position, preferably in the administrative litigation field.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with e-discovery and litigation management software.
- Experience with case management systems and with data entry.
- Experience with legal research tools (e.g. LexisNexis and CanLii).
- Good time management skills, including ability to prioritize work properly, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills with good knowledge of spelling and grammar.
- Attentive to detail, self-starter and professional.
While we appreciate receiving applications, only those applicants who closely meet the position requirements will be contacted.
IIROC is committed to employment practices that are inclusive and accessible. Accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available. Should you require accommodation, please contact email@example.com
#litigation #assistant #capitalmarkets #hiring #litigationassistant #LI-HYBRID