Empowering People – Extraordinary Performance
IAMGOLD is a leading mid-tier Canadian gold producer with operating gold mines on three continents. We are in growth mode, with a robust pipeline of development and exploration projects in Canada, South America and Africa. Throughout our 30 year history, we have demonstrated our commitment to responsible and sustainable mining practices, and our Zero Harm® commitment ensures that we continually strive to reach the highest standards in human health and safety, minimize our impact on the environment and support the development of the local communities in which we proudly operate.
At IAMGOLD we believe that by engaging, empowering and supporting each other, we can achieve extraordinary performance. Our core values guide us; we are driven to excellence in everything we do, we are accountable and operate with transparency, we conduct ourselves with respect and embrace diversity, we grow with teamwork, learning and innovation.
What We Offer
IAMGOLD believes in rewarding outstanding performance with an equally outstanding total rewards package. Our attractive offerings include:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Extended Health, Dental and Insurance Benefit Coverage
- Health Spending Account
- Fitness & Wellness Subsidy
- Registered Pension Plan with Company Match
- TFSA & RRSP
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company Match
- Electric Vehicle Purchase/Lease Subsidy
- Office Closures during Christmas Holidays
- Summer Hours
Start Your Next Opportunity with IAMGOLD
The role of the Law Clerk is to provide timely and efficient support to the Legal Department for corporate and securities matters. A small portion of the role includes administrative assistance to members of the Legal Department, including the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and each Senior Legal Counsel.
Key Area: Corporate matters
- Maintain corporate documents, including minute books of the Corporation and subsidiaries.
- Assist in maintaining the corporate data room in support of due diligence in transactions.
- Ensure that the Corporation and its subsidiaries are kept in good standing by keeping annual filings up-to-date. These include meeting yearly filing requirements (at the federal and provincial levels) as well as day-to-day matters, including changes in officers and directors.
- Prepare standard form documents for appointments and resignations of officers and directors.
- Coordinate the flow of information and documentation to the Corporation’s subsidiaries; obtain supporting notarial certificates and attendance at various consulates to legalize documentation when and where necessary.
- Assist in gathering information and documentation as required from other departments and operating sites to support corporate transactions.
Key Area: Securities matters
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of regulatory and securities filings under SEDAR, EDGAR, SEDI, TSX and the NYSE, including quarterly and annual financial filings using the Workiva platform.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Information Form and Management Information Circular, primarily by working with Company personnel to gather information required to complete such documents and by coordinating with external advisors (qualified persons, auditors, legal counsel) to obtain necessary consents and certificates.
Key Area: Administrative support
- Provide administrative assistance on budget and departmental expense tracking including invoices (law firms, filing fees, etc.) and department expense reports.
- Coordinate and schedule travel, travel itineraries and obtain necessary travel visas, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for the Legal Department, including reports, tables and slide presentations.
- Interact with company executives, board of directors, employees and others, as necessary.
What You Need To Succeed
- Law Clerk Certificate
- Three to five years’ experience in a corporate and securities legal office environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate and securities legal correspondence, documents and reports.
- Experience with best practices in corporate governance and corporate and securities filings.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of organization.
- Willingness to take initiative on tasks.
- Ability to adapt to high pressure deadlines and learn new things quickly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good English and grammar skills to produce quality, error-free material.
IAMGOLD is committed to treating all people in a way that respects their dignity and independence. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.