Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Wealth Private Investment Counsel (PIC) is a full-service investment counsel ideal for High Net Worth (HNW) individuals and families who are looking for professional, custom-tailored wealth planning and investment advice. We work one-on-one with clients to design and implement a comprehensive investment strategy, recommend customized investment solutions and provide on-going portfolio monitoring and performance reporting aimed at enhancing the client’s financial success over the long term.
TD Wealth PIC has carefully designed this position to give you the time and support you need to build your investment management and client-facing skills, including opportunities to be mentored as part of a PM team.
We consider this to be an opportunity to fast-track your career if your goal is to be an Investment Counsel Portfolio Manager, while receiving the support needed to be successful.
If you have a team-player spirit, connect well with people, and are interested in learning how to build and evaluate and develop wealth planning solutions to meet clients’ full financial needs then you’ll want to explore this exciting opportunity.
As an Associate, you are responsible for building and managing client portfolios within a currently established TDW PIC wealth advisory practice. Using a holistic wealth management approach, you are focused on building and maintaining investment portfolios based on your portfolio management team's Lead Relationship Manager's Discovery process, achieving what truly matters to clients.
This is achieved through opportunities for you to:
- Develop an investment management portfolio construction foundation through robust training.
- Develop practical experience by applying the wealth planning, investment management and portfolio construction process with prospects and clients of experienced discretionary Portfolio Managers (PMs).
- Partner with an experienced Portfolio Manager as part of a Portfolio Management team.
- Develop expertise in building and maintaining HNW client portfolios within the context of TDW PIC's portfolio management systems and tailored portfolio solutions, including initial investment and rebalancing.
- Develop practical experience in managing the regulatory required annual client reviews (ACRs) through construction of ACR packages, participating in client ACR discussions, and eventually leading ACR discussions as a licensed Associate Advising Representative.
- Develop your wealth planning discovery skills, and leverage TD’s Discovery and Financial Planning tools to produce customized wealth plans that address your team's clients’ wealth considerations.
- Provide goals-based wealth advice and investment solutions tailored to your clients' individual needs.
Invest clients' assets as per agreed proposals and Investment Policy Statement.
- Collaborate with other areas of TD to deliver a One TD approach and legendary client experience.
- Manage ongoing client relationships by agreeing on an Investment Policy Statement, holding thorough Annual Client Reviews, and providing robust reporting, re-discovery, and ongoing advice and service.
- Be knowledgeable of, and comply with, TD Wealth and industry requirements, policies, procedures, controls, codes, and guidelines of conduct, service standards, securities laws and regulations.
- Ensure necessary due diligence to support the accuracy of all client activities and maintain high ethical standards.
- People person: can develop rapport and build strong relationships.
- Confidence: in managing and influencing sophisticated clients.
- Well-versed communicator: has ability to drive meaningful, two-way dialogue.
- Experienced problem-solver: can generate unique solutions that respect TD’s risk appetite.
- Fresh, innovative thinker: can offer unique insights and explain the value of advice.
- Customer service champion: is emotionally aware, can proactively respond to client needs.
- Optimist: has natural ability to leverage diverse thinking.
- Change catalyst: is adaptable and comfortable navigating a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree
- Two or more years of investment industry experience, particularly discretionary investment management
- CFA or CIM, or working towards the CFA designation
- CFP, CIWM an asset, but not required
- NB: This will be a provincial Securities Commission licensed position, and potential candidates must be eligible for registration as an Associate Advising Representative
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.