About Toyota Financial Services
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) provides retail, leasing and wholesale financial services to Toyota and Lexus dealerships and customers across Canada. TFS is a member of Toyota Financial Services Corporation (TFSC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan with the Canadian operation headquarters in Markham, Ontario
What Sets Us Apart?
At Toyota Financial Services (TFS), you will help create best in class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative and team focused environment. TFS is an important part of the Toyota family, an award-winning global company, recognized worldwide for our technological leadership and superior standards of quality, continuous improvement and environmental responsibility.
TFS currently has an exciting 12–18-month contract opportunity as a Law Clerk reporting to the Vice President, Legal. This position will provide corporate, commercial and litigation law clerk services.
We have implemented a hybrid work environment and our head office is in Markham, ON. Frequency of onsite work at our Markham office is dependent on role requirements and more will be discussed during the interview process.
What We’ll Bring:
- A hybrid work environment
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Great company culture-Respect for people and continuous improvement is at our core
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for assisting the General Counsel with the preparation of standard form documentation relating to i) treasury transactions such as bond issuances and credit facility agreements; ii) securitizations; and iii) lending transactions such as mortgage loan financing to dealers.
- Responsible for preparing annual written resolutions of the board of directors and shareholders and maintaining the corporate registers for each of Toyota Credit Canada Inc. and TCCI Securitization GP Corp. In addition, this position is responsible for filing all annual returns and license renewals required for the TCCI automotive financing and Kinto businesses, tracking and following up on the renewal of TCCI’s chattle paper registrations and conducting the annual CBCA individuals with significant control update.
- Responsible for supporting the general counsel with revising existing standard form documentation and policies and procedures to address regulatory changes and their impact on business operations. Most of this work will be related to the changes to QU privacy law and the proposed changes to the federal privacy legislation.
- Responsible for conducting the annual records retention review, annual CASL self-assessment and for the annual review of the Legal Dept.’s corporate policies and standard operating procedures.
Third party litigation claims
- Responsible for administering the third-party litigation claims management process (accept service, refer to insurer, implement litigation holds etc.) and for developing and implementing improvements to the process to reduce the impact on TCCI operations.
- Responsible for assisting the general counsel with the annual insurance renewal process and with managing the total loss recovery program between the legal department and the collections department. This involves working with insurers, the banks and TCCI’s insurer to recover losses in cases in which there is not driver insurance policy in place, the driver’s insurer is denying coverage or TCCI as the intended payee did not receive payment.
- Responsible for supporting the general counsel in working with various insurers to convert mailed third party notices to electronic file format and working with the insurance department to revise their processes and procedures to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Responsible for supporting the general counsel with changes to TCCI’s standard form MSA and privacy and information security schedules to address compliance and/or business requirements.
Other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Law Clerk Diploma and Professional Certification from the Ontario Institute of Law Clerks.
- Six or more years of professional corporate law clerk experience.
- Knowledge of corporate transaction work.
- Knowledge of corporate statutes and regulations.
- Exceptional legal writing skills and communication skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated along with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, investigative, fact-finding and problem-solving skills
- Automotive finance or financial services industry experience an asset.
- French language skills and University degree preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Familiarity with on-line legal research tools & good research skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications.
What You Should Know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.