The recruitment and selection documents that can be downloaded from this website using the links provided are presently under review to comply with Web accessibility standards. In the interim, please send all requests for accessible versions of these documents to email@example.com. Thank you.
- Selection Process No.
- Closing Date
- 2022-10-09 23:59
- Executive Advisor and Counsel
- HLA-02A: $114,884 - $158,449
- Service Area
- Office of the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel
- Area of Selection
- Restricted (See details below under Your Challenge)
- Language Profile
Bilingual Imperative (English / French)
- Reading comprehension: Superior level (C)
- Written expression: Superior level (C)
- Oral interaction: Intermediate level (B)
- Your Challenge
This selection process is restricted to Office of the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel employees.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility:
As a key component of its strategic plan, the House of Commons is set on being a leader in inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. As such, we design and continuously evolve our practices to ensure that everyone can fully and equitably participate to the upmost of their abilities. We value that everyone has a contribution to make and has the potential for individual growth. We are One House that leverages diversity in all its forms.
About the Role:
As the Executive Advisor and Counsel, you will provide a wide range of legal advice and services to the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel of the House of Commons related to policy, operational activities and communications on a variety of legal issues and complex problems. You will also offer assistance in the resolution of sensitive issues and disputes affecting the House of Commons.
You will serve as special liaison, representative and legal counsel, and will maintain a network of contacts to ensure the efficient conduct of the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel’s obligations and the executive office of the Office of the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel (OLCPC) as a whole.
- Successful completion of university degree in law from a recognized institution;
- Membership in good standing in the Law Society of a province or territory.
- Experience in analyzing and synthesizing reference material and preparing written documentation (i.e. legal interpretations, briefing notes, official correspondence and reports);
- Experience in fostering trust relationships and building business relationships with senior officials;
- Experience providing legal and other advice to senior management;
- Knowledge of the OLCPC’s structure, policies, objectives, roles and responsibilities.
Candidates will be evaluated against the House of Commons Administration Competency Framework – Professional/Advisory
- Staff the position of Executive Advisor and Counsel on an indeterminate (permanent) OR determinate basis (temporary). Create a pool of potential candidates that may be considered to staff future vacancies for this position or for other similar and/or related positions on an indeterminate and/or determinate basis. Consideration may be given to candidates with other linguistic profiles.
- Essential Information
- Accommodation Request: You are invited to email firstname.lastname@example.org for support if there is any need for accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Effective June 20, 2022, the requirement for all individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to gain entry to the Parliamentary Precinct is being suspended. Please note, however, that the House of Commons reserves the right to reinstate the same or similar requirements at any time without further notice.
- Other preventative measures will continue to be taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
- Application Process: Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on October 9, 2022.
- Additional Essential Information: Please visit the link below.